Get results at the roulette table with these 10 tips!
The roulette wheel was accidentally invented by the French physicist, mathematician and inventor, Blaise Pascal in 1655, not as part of a new form of casino game but as a perpetual motion machine. Roulette is a French word, meaning little wheel, and it’s this little wheel that has remained a fixture in the contemporary casino game we know and love today.
Roulette is a fast-paced game of chance that sports a varied betting system with a fairly low house edge. This makes it a popular choice for casino game players of all betting levels to try their luck.
The rules are relatively simple, players are allowed to place bets on a specific number or range of numbers, colour, or whether the winning number will be odd or even. The croupier spins the wheel, sending the ball whirling around the track until it finally stops on one of the coloured and numbered sections on the wheel.
Although roulette is largely a game of chance, there a few tips and tricks you can employ that could see you increase your odds, or at the very least help you mitigate your losses. Below you’ll find 10 ways to win in roulette.
- Start with a free table. Practice your skills at a free table as this is a great way to get experience while honing your skills in a low-risk setting. Players can build their confidence and get a feel for the game, figuring out a betting approach that they’re comfortable with. At an online casino with no deposit bonus in Canada, or any other casino that offers this promotion, you could play for real money without even opening your wallet, and thus enjoy a realistic gaming experience risk free.
- Watch the wheel. Spend a few rounds watching the wheel spin without placing a bet, this will help you get a sense of the wheel and will help you make predictions. For example, if the ball has landed in the red numbered pockets consecutively for the last seven spins, what are the chances that the next ball lands on red? This will can help you decide how to place your next bet.
- Betting on outside chances. Some players only bet on outside chances, regardless whether it’s odd/even, high/low, red/black, dozens or columns. The returns are slight but it all adds up at the end of the day and can help players win the game.
- Betting on colour. It’s a good idea to bet on a colour as it’s a 50% chance that the ball will either land on black or red. That’s pretty fair odds.
- Know the odds. Before placing a bet, make sure you understand the odds. One of the most compelling aspects of roulette is that you can either make a tonne of money betting on one number or you can win a paltry sum by betting on many different numbers. The thing is that the more numbers you bet on, the chance of you winning increases. Make sure you understand the different levels of payouts that you can expect to receive with different approaches to betting.
- Play European roulette. The probability of winning is slightly higher with European Roulette which has a 1/37 chance over its 1/38 American counterpart. The odds in European Roulette are far better, so unless you like a challenge, this game offers better winning opportunities.
- Never bet more than you can afford to lose. Bankroll management is the best way to ensure that you continue to have a positive gaming experience.
- Test different betting systems. Try a few different betting systems out to see if they work for you or suit your betting style.
- Find a reputable casino. Whether it’s online or a roulette table at a land-based casino make sure it’s reputable.
- Know when to quit. Don’t play beyond your means and don’t chase losses. If today isn’t your day, tomorrow may be!